Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Summary Judgment Hell

I had a pretty exciting weekend and have a lot to write about, but unfortunately, I'm super busy with work and don't have a lot of time to write about it in the depth that I would like.

Here is a quick version:
My girlfriend and I took the Metra up to Kenosha, WI on Saturday night (No, we did not go to the outlet mall). Clare got a great deal on a hotel room in a hotel right on Lake Michigan. On Sunday morning we rode our bikes back to Chicago. There are several bike paths that go from Kenosha to Chicago, so we were, for the most part, able to avoid the rather in-hospitable suburb roads.

This was my first winter bike touring experience, and I have to say that it was a lot tougher than I expected. The first problem being that the first trail we got on was crushed limestone. This usually is not a problem. Let me also say that I was very skeptical about crushed limestone until we took the I & M Canal trail a couple of years ago. It's actually a lot better than I thought. The problem with this limestone path, however was that it was wet. I was actually surprised by this. It's been unseasonably warm, and there hadn't been any rain for a few days. After a couple of miles we were covered with white limestone mud. Not to mention that there were still some frozen patches. Wet, partial frozen limestone under your road bike tires does not a pleasant trip make.

Anyway, there will be more on this when I'm not working late on pulling exhibits and copying documents....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home