Friday, July 28, 2006

Starved II: The Conclusion

Here are the long promised pics from my last trip down the I&M Canal trail. I feel motivate to get off my duff and post these because I'm taking the Fox river trail this weekend and will probably write about that, too.

This is the ominous sight that greeted us when we got off the train in Joliet. It was definitely a harbinger of the trouble to come.

This is what sitting in Burger King, eating veggie burgers for two hours will do to you (For those of you that don't know her, Clare usually doesn't look this crazy)

Here's the path itself.


Clare once again laughing in the face of danger on the mysterious Stairs to Nowhere.


I wasn't going to post this because I think that outfit makes me look fat. I figured I had to since the rest stop in Seneca is one of the highlights of the trail.



Morris, a town along the trail, built a replica of a barge like the ones that used to travel down the canal. Why they did this is anyone's guess.



That's all the bike-touring fun for now kids.


Important Notice!


Next month I plan to launch a very ambitious project. I've been inspired by National Novel Writing Month(NNWM). NNWM's goal is that each participant write 50,000 words in a month. I plan to reverse engineer that and see how many words I can write in a month without a goal. I doubt I'll reach the 50,000 word goal, but I'm curious as to how many words I can write. I will track my progress here on this blog.

My question to you, dear readers is, "Do you want to race?" Anyone else care to take me on? See how many words you can write and we'll see who is the fastest keyboard in cyberspace. I will be counting my blog entries, fiction, and any material I have to write for my gaming group.

Any takers?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home