Thursday, March 29, 2007

Everything is Coming Up Dio!

Clare and I took a trip to Galesburg, IL this weekend. I went to school at Knox College and have fond memories of Galesburg (most of which proved to be false memories). I figured I'd take Clare and show her around my old stomping grounds. Anyway, more on that later...

While browsing at one of Galesburg's many antique stores, I came across a copy of Dio's Last in Line. I always remember the video for the title track creeping me out as a kid. Plus, my record collection is sorely lacking in the metal department, so I bought it.

Come Monday, I e-mailed this fact to my friend and metal aficionado, Chris. He sent me back this comment:
In the last week I have heard Rainbow's "man in the silver mountain" twice. In a bar in Chicago and on the radio at the gym. Who ever plays Rainbow songs? Dio is awesome


Then, since odd things come in threes, I stumbled across this blog dedicated to Dio. The strange part of it is, I wasn't looking for a Dio blog. I just clicked the "next blog" button on the top of my blog a couple of times and before I knew it, SUPERMEGADIO was staring back at me.

It's just odd...

More on Galesburg next time.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home