Friday, February 24, 2006

Cubicle Mates

So the woman who sat behind me got canned a couple of weeks ago. No one seems to know why and if anyone does know, they ain't sayin'. I was fine with her termination; she was nuttier that squirrel shit anyway. She had closed the shades on the windows in our office because she was afraid the people in the next building were spying on her. Apparently, the building is full of creeps who get off by watching women do office work.

Apparently, some of her files weren't moved to their proper place after her departure. All this time I've been sitting next to some very important documents and didn't even know it. Point is, I had to listen to some higher-up go on and on about how things aren't being taken care of.

I also nearly poisoned my other cubicle partner today. I was on an important phone call (Important = conversation with girlfriend), and I started to doodle absent- mindedly on the dry-erase board I use to keep track of assignments. After a few minutes the woman in the next cubicle (lets call her Vanessa - not her real name) starts coughing like crazy. I didn't think much of it because she had been sneezing all morning. Then she wanders over to my desk with her hand around her neck and her face all red. I guess the smell of dry-erase markers has a bad effect on her. She was fine, but coughed for about twenty minutes afterwards.

The funny thing came later when I mentioned this to another co-worker. I said, "I accidentally made Vanessa gag on the smell of dry erase markers today."

The co-worker said, "Well, she makes me gag every time I look at her."

I was a little taken back by that so I just back away slowly...


Winter Touring Part II

Clare and I are going to re-do our previous bike trip from Kenosha to Chicago this weekend. There is a group of people who rode up to Milwaukee, WI today and will be riding back tomorrow. It's called the Frozen Snot Double-Century.

I think this will be a good reason to re-visit that topic because I don't think I wrote about it as much as I liked on our previous trip. Stay posted.

1 Comments:

At 7:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You so know I want to know who that other co-worker was!!! I mustn't have been too nutty if I didn't make the cube mates page!
Enjoy friday!
JB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home