Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Abysmal!!

Seriously, I'm so disappointed with my word count last month. I guess I can site here and make excuses, but who would want to read that? Seriously, I'll just pick up this month and try to do a little better. I've gotten one challenger, my friend Felix. I don't think he has a blog, so I'm not sure how he plans to show me up.

Anyway, here are my pictures from the Farnsworth house from a while back. This may confuse people since I went to the Farnsworth House before I went to Madison, but I posted those other pictures first. OH, well. If you don't like how I'm running things, get your own damn Blog.

A particularly scenic section of the Fox River Trail.

A batch of Scott's world-famous brownies to anyone who can guess in what town this picture was taken.

You'll be happy to know I made as many jokes about throwing stones as possible.

Little know fact that the previous owners died from inhaling Windex fumes.

Here is a picture of the tour guide listing the things that you should not tell Mies van der Rohe.


Mies/ Frank Update:

For those of you that remember when I wrote about the Farnsworth house I made a joke about Frank Lloyd Wright. Well, Clare and I were on the Logan Square House Walk this weekend. The docent of one of the houses was telling us the history of the house and he said about the year the house was built, "This was about the same time Frank was around doing his thing." We busted out laughing right in his face, but he kept going on about the style of the house. Mind you this house was in no way designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. In fact, he brought up "Frank" to illustrate how this particular house was not like a Wright house, but He never added the "Lloyd Wright" while referring to him.

Point is, I guess I was wrong about referring to Frank Lloyd Wright as "Frank." Apparently, that's completely acceptable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home