Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I'm not dead, yet

I've been a blogging bum lately and for that, I apologize. We're entering bike touring season so I'll have a lot to talk about since that's one of the main topics of this blog.

Anyway, as more evidence of my bum-i-ness, here are some pictures that I uploaded around memorial day weekend. They've of our new neighborhood grocery store, Strack and Van Til (Which I shall refer to as Strack and Van Tils in the Chicago fashion).

I know he opening of a grocery store isn't hip enough for blogging, but if you live in Logan Square, you know what a pain in the ass it is since Cub (or again, Cubs) closed down.

So far it seems like this Indiana-based grocery chain has their act together. My biggest complaint is that they don't seem to ever have heavy whipping cream, an essential ingredient to our homemade ice cream. The store is is a lot more pleasant to be in that Cubs was. Cubs had more of a sterile warehouse aesthetic compared to Van Tils' homey Hoosier charm.

You new friendly GIGANTIC neighborhood market.


This picture is skewed because Clare was overwhelmed with value while she took it.


Clare shopping in Hoosier charm.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 9:23 PM, Blogger Wayne Allen Sallee said...

ok, scott. you go buying all the stuff thats in that basket and all i get is a postcard with a drawing of chris turek with a bad 'do?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home