Thursday, November 09, 2006

Vote-a-rama!!



Before it gets too late to post these, here are the pictures from Katie and Kellie's election party. Above you'll see some party-goers gesticulating wildly as they no doubt discuss the issues of the day.

Lucy (a.k.a. Beth Amphetamine)keeping score.

Despite the rumors, Katie does not hate America, as proven by her festive headdress.

Matthew and Jaime take advantage of a lull in the festivities to enjoy the food table.

A close-up of the homemade capital cake.. Oh, wait or is it capitol cake... I always get that confused.

The rest of us glued to the TV from the TV's perspective.

All in all, the election turned out better than I expected. Go Democrats! Go Illinois Green Party!

The fate of the Megamall is still undetermined. However, this cryptic (and Lovecraftian) message showed up in my inbox:
I'll bet you wouldn't want to tear down the Megamall if an old hunched man with an eye patch told you a tale about the old Gods being imprisoned within its basement, their release being delayed only by the existence of a dollar store. A park would be great, but how about the release of the old gods in the process? I'll bet you never thought about that. Only concerned with your own comfort level.

I'll say this, I think I'm softening on my stance for a park in that location. After my Local Cub Foods shut it's doors, I think the Megamall land could make a nice supermarket. After it's checked for imprisoned elder gods, of course.

1 Comments:

At 2:05 PM, Blogger Rich Rosenthal II said...

Green party did better than I thought it would (but not as well as I had hoped). Wonder what effect, if any, this will have on future elections

 

Post a Comment

<< Home